I thought I’d do a post on “On The Go” essentials today. Every time I head out of the house I always check that I have my make up bag with essentials I find useful to have on me.
First of all I apologise for the absolutely awful picture. The lighting in my room is terrible but I’m working on it.
To begin with, I have a make up bag from DKNY. It came in a set of 3; small, medium and large and this is the medium one of them. It doesn’t look that big but it actually fits all of these things I carry around with me. Unfortunately the things inside the bag aren’t actually as nice as the bag itself.
1. Always sanitary towel case – This came free when I brought a pack of sanitary towels. Its nothing glam at all or fun to think about but it does come in handy and its so thin and lightweight. Lets face it, for us girls, its a necessity.
2. Tissues – If you spill something when you’re out, you catch a sudden cold, you’re gonna need some tissues.
3. Garnier Intensive Shea Butter Hand Cream – My hands are dry all year around and it’s so frustrating, so this comes in handy (ha!). This cream is so moisturising and hydrating, the smell of the shea butter is an added bonus.
4. Dove Deodorant – I just feel as though this doesn’t need an explanation. Deodorant is good.
5. Hand Sanitiser – Sometimes you touch something sticky while you’re out and about and it’s hard to just run to the bathroom to wash your hands. This is where this stuff comes in handy.
6. Bare Minerals Face powder– For when my make up slides during a long day.
7. Comb – just because. I have this tiny one which I picked up in a supermarket.
8. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer – I’ve spoken about this in previous posts. It is a life saver. Its so small as well, so why not carry it around with me!
9. No7 Mascara and Eyeliner
7. Lipstick – I always carry around a nude lipstick with me just in case.
8. Rimmel Lipliner Pencil – This is to go with my Clinque lipstick.
9. Tweezers – I always feel these random hairs just come out of nowhere sometimes. I have an obsession with the need to do my eyebrows constantly.
10. Miss Selfridge Powder Brush – To go with my bare minerals powder. It really is nothing special but it does the trick.
11. Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noire– I am OBSESSED with this perfume. I was working for Guerlain when this product first came out and I fell in love with it straight away. If you haven’t tried it, I really recommend it.
12. Mirror – Last but not least a mirror is so handy, especially to carry out all of the tasks above.
Do you carry around a make up bag? What are your essentials?