1. For contouring, you can heat up a brown eye liner pencil and blend the colour into the hollows of the cheeks.
2. You can also use a heated up eye liner pencil to fill in your eyebrows and use an eyebrow brush to smudge and blend it in
3. In place of eyebrow gel, you can spray a spooly brush with hairspray to keep eyebrows in place
4. To get more use out of your mascara, put the mascara in a jug of boiling hot water and wait for 5 minutes.
5. For thicker, fuller lashes, apply a coat of mascara. Then with a cotton bud apply some translucent or talcum powder to the ends. Let the powder the set for a minute, and then reapply apply a layer of mascara.
6. Cellotape is your bestfriend when it comes to eye makeup; use it to create a perfect winged eyeliner, or place it underneath the eyes to help catch any eyeshadow fallout.
7. To make a DIY fan brush, use an old powder brush and flatten it by placing two bobby pins at the base of the brush.
8. Sheer lipsticks can be used as a blush colour as well
9. A cream/nude coloured pencil is useful for outlining and highlighting the lips, and stops colour from bleeding
10. Putting a shimmer eyeshadow or highlight on the centre of the lips creates the illusion of fuller lips.
11. Put a drop of foundation on your lips before applying lipstick, this gives a clean, perfect pop of colour.