I think sometimes drug store products are underrated. When I feel that one of my high end products isn’t working for me I always wonder why I didn’t just go for a drug store version because it would probably do the same job if not better. Here are a few things I picked up:
1. I went to Superdrug to buy a new foundation and had no clue where to start. I had heard lots about the L’oreal true match foundation so I thought I’d give it ago, however one of the sales advisers suggested that for my skin (oily) that it would be better to go for the L’oreal Infallible 24H (£9,99). I picked up the shade 260 which is a perfect match for my skin (mac n40/bobbi brown mix of 4.5 & 5). I must say I really do like the feel of this foundation. I would say its a medium coverage foundation but you could easily build it up without it looking too cakey. I’ve only used it once so far for a couple of hours so i’m not quite sure of its lasting power but it does give a nice matte finish. Most importantly for me, it’s oil free!
I would like to know what the L’oreal true match foundation is like, so if you have used it, please do let me know.
2. Of course to go with the foundation I picked up the L’oreal true match powder (£8.99) in Golden Beige (D3/W3). Again I’ve only used this once and with the foundation but it seems to do its job. One thing I do like about this, is that it is so compact, and it also has an applicator sponge underneath. I’m currently use the Yardley London powder in Warm Apricot and I LOVE it, I just can’t get hold of it any more. It will be interesting to see how it matches up.
3. When I first saw the Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer (4.00), it reminded me a lot of the body shop bronzer which is amazing, but also 4 times the price. I must say that I was very impressed with this bronzer. It had such a a glow to it, it really does leave you feeling sun kissed.
4. I brought the Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish (£3.00) in Mauve Kiss and Maybe Blue. Everyone goes in search for the a nail polish that won’t chip, but lets face, unless you do nothing all day that is very unlikely. They offer such a nice range of colours and each one glides right onto the nail perfectly.
5. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick (£8.00) in the shade 02. In all honesty i’m not sure why I brought this shade. It is far to light for me and washes me out. However, it is a lovely lipstick and stays on for absolutely ages. I do recommend checking their lipsticks out as they have a nice range of colours to choose from.
Please let me know what your favourite drug store products are, I would like to give them ago. Also let me know if you have tried any of these products, I’d be interested to see how they work for you.