I am one of those girls who can’t leave the house without wearing a ton of make up (I blame my terrible skin for this). Recently, I’ve been feeling that less is more, and sometimes I want to look a bit different. So, I’ve been trying to play around with less make up, and I’m going to share with you what I came up with.
1. First of all I prime my face with my favourite primer, The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimser
2. Secondly I apply my foundation, L’oreal Infallible 24hr which I wrote about it “my drug store buys post“. At the time I thought this was the perfect foundation match for me, but unfortunately I’ve changed my mind since. It’s a shame because the finish of this is amazing and it really doesn’t budge all day, but the colour just doesn’t suit me, and I need heavier coverage. I’m thinking of going for the Estee Lauder Double Wear in 4w1 Honey Bronze. Has anyone else tried this foundation? Let me know in the comments below.
3. I set my foundation with the L’oreal true match powder, which I also spoke about in my “drug store buys” post here.
4. I then go in with my Sleek Contour Face form. I spoke about the various products I use for contouring and highlighting here. Honestly, I prefer using cream products because they’re easier to work with than a powder. However, I also feel as though powders are better for creating a more natural look. Speaking of cream products, has anyone tried these Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio by Smashbox? I really want to try it but I’m going to have to order it online as I don’t think it would be available in the UK yet.
5. I then apply a light blush to the apple of my cheeks. I use this one from the L’oreal but I have no idea what colour it is as it’s quite an old blush that I took from my mum.
6. I’ve only recently purchased the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara, I do like this mascara, it’s not the best, but you can really build it up. For this look, I only apply one coat.
7. To complete the look I use a light coloured lipstick which is not necessarily matte. My usual choice is Sweetie by Mac which has a Lustre finish.
Those are my 7 steps guys! To some of you it may still seem like a lot of make up, but believe me I’ve left out quite a few things such as eye liner, and some of the products I use aren’t as heavy duty as the others.
Let me know what your everyday natural look involves?